Sunday, October 13, 2013

Working

It's amazing. You think that if you're not actually "writing" you're not "working." But that is not the case at all. There is posting on your blog and/or Facebook page. Then there's editing. And that's what I've been doing. I've been working on a story to submit to a contest and of course I put it off until the last moment - today is the 13th and the cut off is the 15th.

I was all set to submit when I read the max word count - 4000, and my story is 4637! So I've been "editing" or cutting things out, in other words. Getting rid of unnecessary adverbs (I never even realized I had so many!) and passive voice passages - was counting is 2 words versus counted - 1 word. Now for one last read through to make sure I didn't aggressively cut out something necessary and I will be hitting that old Submit button.

No comments:

Post a Comment